Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tis The Season



Well it is the holiday season and the time of the year that everyone smiles and says hello to another. Why is it that when it is the holidays it brings out the best in all of us? When in all rights it should be all year round that we are kind and thoughtful to one another.
I always loved the holidays but just don't care for the mad rush to get the “in” item for that year for the kids. Which now that my kids are all grown up and have kids of their own, just not sure what the “in” thing is this year. Now for my granddaughter Laci who is 6 well she will be easy to find something for cause she is into “Hannah Montana”. Get her anything in that category and she will be a happy camper.
Now my youngest grandson Bryce he is just 1, he won't be hard to buy for at all. Just give him an empty box and he will be happy but of course I wouldn't do that to him. He will have fun with just about anything at this stage in his life.
Now my grandson Bryan he is 2 years old and he's into firetrucks, Bob the Builder, and even Barney at this point. He likes Thomas the Train too! So he will be pretty easy to please on his Christmas gift too.
My biggest challenge will be my grandson Daniel who is 8. What do you get an 8 year old that isn't into trucks, or Erecto Sets. He likes Playstation games
but has plenty of them. He will be my challenge that is for sure but I'm sure I will find something for him.
Now for my grown kids and their spouses, a real simple remedy. I will just give them a Gift card and then they can choose what ever they like cause then I wouldn't have to hear, “Mom I don't like this, it's not my style.” That I have heard a few hundred times in the past few years. I've learned not to buy my daughter's clothes cause my style and their's is completely different. So I figured it's just easier on all of us to get the gift card for all and then they can choose whatever their little hearts desires.
Now for hubby, he's a complete mystery what to get him cause he isn't into working around the house so tools in that matter is a no go. He's not a mechanic per say, I got him this certain saw that he wanted for Christmas 6 years ago and it is still sitting in the box that it came in. He claims he will use it someday but that day will not come cause he isn't the type to fix things the right way. He's from the old school just fix it fast and get it over with, or not fix it all.
Now for me, I am really simple to please at this point. My one wish is to get my business going and being a success and getting that first sale. I'm seeing the traffic come through to the website but no sales and that can be alittle frustrating and I knew when I started that it was going to be a climb to get there but was hoping that with the holidays it would help in the sales area. But so far nothing so the anticipation will be rewarding when it does happen. But for now will work on my blog and keeping the attention toward the website.
So for this holiday season I would like to wish each of you a very Merry Christmas and a better New Year for us all. From my House to yours “Happy Holidays!” Hope your holiday Season is filled with joyous happiness and please be careful traveling out and about.
Take care and Happy Businessssing !!!!
Roxi

No comments: